Thursday, May 14, 2009

Has anyone here live in, or been to, Rome or the Vatican

Has anyone here live in, or been to, Rome or the Vatican?
In the new Tom Hanks movie they show tunnels and basements all over Rome and the Vatican. Is the movie accurate? Does Rome and the Vatican really have tunnels and basements everywhere? Just wondering.
Rome - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Haven't seen the movie yet, but it's true that there are plenty of tunnels... the only thing is that I don't know if the ones shown in the movie are true, since I haven't seen it! :)
2 :
I'm italian, and I live in Rome. Yeah there are tunnels inside the Vatican. But you can't access all of them . I mean, I went down there to see the last pope (RIP) and stop. There are a lot of secrets we still don't know =)
3 :
See my answer to the identical question you asked a few days ago! Also, if you look up the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo websites, plus those of the churches mentioned in Angels and Demons, you'll find information on the tunnels, catecombs and crypts mentioned. These are all well-known, although some cannot be visited, but there is no big secret about these places.
4 :
Yes, Rome has tunnels and Vatican has a lot of secrets... I never saw the movie so I don't know how much accurated could be.








Read more discussions :

Search News