Saturday, April 21, 2012

I have a VERY strange problem...im not allowed to wear pants, at all

I have a VERY strange problem...im not allowed to wear pants, at all.?
Ok, before you start rambling on about how we dont live in the 1800s, please read. I am part of a traditional (pre vatican II) church, where all the women and girls wear skirts.....all the time. My family is very close to a number of families there, and basically most of my social life revolves around church people (Which I dont really mind!) My boyfriend of three years is a part of an extremely conservative family, and all his sisters wear long skirts. I am 19 years old and in college. I live at home with my dad, who would flip if he even knew that I would really prefer pants. The thing is, I am sick of wearing skirts every day, and people find it so strange at college and I'm not sure how to explain it to them. I'm so sick of being different form the world. The problem is however, that if I started wearing pants, it would ruin my reputation at my church (yes, they would all find out) because they believe women in pants is immodest. My boyfriend would hate it too...because hes ultra conservative. My dad would make my life miserable, and would always make rude comments about how ridiculous I look in jeans. So basically if I start wearing pants, I would have to move out of my house, my boyfriend ashamed, and cause a "scandal" to all my Catholic friends and ruin my reputation. My whole life would change. But I really wan tto wear pants. I want to enjoy my college life and have fun with my own sense of style. I don't know what to do. Please don't criticize. I already understand what time period we're living in...but their philosophy is that "the modern world is a battle". Please try to understand my circumstances and give some good advice! I will give maximum points to whoever can help me out the most! Thanks! Yes i understand it my decision...I just need to know how to go about making it. I need real advice. And plus my dad says "its his house and his rules"
Fashion & Accessories - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you are an adult.....do what you want.
2 :
Pants are warmer in the winter, It's about feeling comfortable in your clothes. It's your decision and no one else's.
3 :
i understand!!!! go to your dad, boyfriend, and your friends, and tell them that you want to wear pants, and if they really love you, then they will accept it. be sure to explain why, like 'the skirts make me feel...' or 'im grown, and in collage...' or (my favorite) 'It's my body...' if your bf doesnt get it: dump him. who needs a boyfriend who hate that you have a BRAIN? if your dad doesnt get it: talk to him. try to get him to understand. if your friends dont get it: well, thats their problem. they suck. who needs friends like that anyway? i lost a bunch of christian friends because i converted to Wicca. i just dont understand god.
4 :
First of all, Do what you want. Your dad will always love you no matter what. If your boyfriend don't like you any more because your gonna wear what you feel comfortable in, Than he is not worth anything! In my oppinion this whole felopithe is stupid. Everyone has a different style and you should be allowed to wear it. A repertation is what you are and if you change than your rep should too. Why try to stay to a rep. You are lying to your dad and friends when you wear those skirts and stuff.Mostly, do what you want. You dont live a long life you know and if your not happy with your self than you will die unhappy. Im sure your dad and boyfriend do not want that for you. Mostly, Do what makes you happy. Im sure that what you think will happen, will not happen and if it does itll all blow over because your dad/boyfriend will reliese how stupid they are acting. If your boyfriend loves you he will think your beautiful eather way no matter what you wear. and as for your dad, He will always want the best for you, so he wants you to be happy, You are to me seem to be unhappy so tell your dad and im sure he will be proud of your corrage to tell him this, he may not be happy but hey you cant please everyone!:)Also, you will always meet new friends and im sure not all of your friends do not like wearing skirts too and feel the same way so maybe if you stop some of your friends will too! and if they do stop being your friend... They were never your friend in the first place! But god has a way to make everything work out! Good luck!!!
5 :
skirts would be less modest than pants anyway



Read more discussions:

Search News