Friday, May 14, 2010

Has the Vatican ever sent any athletes to the Summer or Winter Olympic Games

Has the Vatican ever sent any athletes to the Summer or Winter Olympic Games?
After all, it IS an independent state. So it's not inconceivable that they could send an athlete to an Olympic Games. Of course, since the Vatican is composed almost entirely of people in high leadership positions in the Roman Catholic Church, I know that most people who live there are at least 50 or much older, so age would be a problem. But I know that the Vatican has its own police force and national security force, and those people are much younger, young enough to participate in Olympic Games. Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting question, so I thought I'd ask.
Olympics - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The Vatican does not have a National Olympic Committee, the criteria for sending athletes.



Read more discussions:

Search News