Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where to stay in Rome (Italy)

Where to stay in Rome (Italy)?
I am planning to stay in Rome for about 2days and as staying in city centre (Trevi area etc.) is a bit expensive, I am deciding between area north of Vatican (5-10min walk) or area surrounding the Tremini station. I prefer Vatican area myself, but would appreciate opinion of someone who actually live/stayed there. I basically want area full of tourists so I can feel the atmosphere even when walking to the hotel..
Rome - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Termini is cheap, I stayed near Termini (on the side towards the city) in a "B & B" a few floors up in what I picture as a "traditional Rome house". As locals lived in the same building (stupid I know) but it gave me the feeling I was experiencing life as inhabitants would. It was 5 years ago so I can't remember its name but there will be plenty like it in the area. I like walking and had no regrets experiencing Rome on my journeys back to Termini - but it is quiet and remote from the Tourist bustle. In my view I got most sense of tourist hustle & bustle around Spanish Steps, so if that is really important to you I would search for somewhere within 5/10 mis walk of there. You can use the options on this page http://www.hotels.via.us.com/City/Rome.htm?label=Ya to search for hotels by distance from Spanish Steps (or 50 other points including Vatican or Termini). It provides maps details and reviews on over 1,700 Hotels etc in Rome and lists prices quoted from 33 major booking and Hotel chains. (you can refine your search my amenities offered, price etc) HTH Andy
2 :
Why not try theAventine Hill area? These are some options http://www.venice-italy-veneto.com/rome-vacation-rentals.html
3 :
Termini is cheapest than Vatican but isn't a quiet area and you cannot reach many sights on foot. In my opinion you should choose Vatican area...it's just a few steps from the most important monuments of the city such as Vatican City, St. Angel Castle, Spanish Steps, Trevi's Fountain ecc ecc. Check this B&B, isn't expensive and it's located close to Vatican Museums! http://www.vaticanholiday.org
4 :
Well, i can only say: avoid termini station area! It is not safe, even for italians. It can be ok during the day, but it is terrible by night. Vatican city area is better, but be very careful when you choose the accommodation. Some places can be just in the center of the city but they are dirty, expensive and uncomfortable. I know this one: http://romanticnest.altervista.org it is a real small apartment at the attic floor of a quite building. They give you the whole flat and it is brand new and clean. As far as i know you can find it also on expedia and you can usually save more than 50% on the rates, because they make a lot of offers. Hope this helps Bye
5 :
The Vatican area is really exclusive and not so chaotic as Termini Station area, so I live in Rome and i am telling you not staying in Termini area; look for some good hotels in these areas and you can see the difference: the hotels in Vatican area are more beautiful and exclusive; have a look on these websites just to have an idea and more information; http://www.prontohotel.com/ita/rome/ http://www.hotelsinrome.net/



Read more discussions:

Search News