Monday, March 1, 2010

How long until the Vatican claims that the 6.9 Baja California Quake

How long until the Vatican claims that the 6.9 Baja California Quake...?
Is God's punishment for all the "petty gossip" that has been going on about the Catholic Church and Pope? Side Question: Did you feel it? I live east of LA, and felt rolling for like a minute. It was the weirdest earthquake I have been in. Pretty scary. Angel Eyes- Who's blaming the Vatican? I am just remarking on the religious tendency to blame natural occurrences on Supernatural forces.
Religion & Spirituality - 11 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The end times are here!! I'm jumping onto my Jesus-a-saurus rex, heading to a spaceship!
2 :
Never happen. That sort of claim usually comes from anti-Catholic non-Catholic Christians, not Catholic Christians.
3 :
It's Poseidon's punishment for not sacrificing virgins to him. Hey, it makes as much sense as any other religious claim.
4 :
why does the Vatican get the blame for what is happening in the world?
5 :
The tidal wave didn't reach San Francisco: the land of sin, so I'd say not this time.
6 :
At this point they would claim anything.
7 :
as long as it takes to teach a pig to fly
8 :
>>Did you feel it?<< I was upstairs and didn't feel it; my husband was downstairs and did. We are in northern Los Angeles county.
9 :
Sheesh yea I felt it, I'm in San Diego and I went through to Earthquake on my own, this is going to sound weird, and funny at the same time, but here it goes. I was reading an article on God on the internet, and thought to myself "the whole concept of God sounds SOO fake" and RIGHT after I said that my computer started shaking and I was like "wtf" and then the whole house started shaking, I went under my Computer Table JUST in case and thought to myself "sorry God" xDDDD
10 :
Never. The Catholic Church never claims that natural disasters are God's punishments. Be careful of stereotypes. They have a tendency to get one into trouble. I live in the LA area also and the earthquake was a long gentle rolling here. With love in Christ.
11 :
I live in Boyle Heights. By El Cinco Puntos. I felt it and saw it. Natural disasters are interesting. Its natural and it bring conscious thoughts about our existence to all unconscious beings.



Read more discussions:

Search News