Friday, May 1, 2009

Okay, YOU get to be Pope for a week and live in the Vatican and he gets to stay at your place

Okay, YOU get to be Pope for a week and live in the Vatican and he gets to stay at your place?
What's the first few things you would or would not do?
Religion & Spirituality - 11 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1. Excommunicate the Catholic bishops who are leading people astray with false teachings and weak leadership (i.e. letting pro abortion politicans take communion and worshiping with pagans and heretics). 2. Allow the Latin Mass to be said anywhere at anytime without the priest having to get special permission from the Bishop.
2 :
Sell the gold and feed the poor.
3 :
Putting on condoms would be a sacrament.
4 :
buy groceries! i'm slap out of everything.
5 :
I'd make sure women could be priests, and I'd abolish the whole celibacy thing - it REALLY sucks. I'd also sell all those paintings and gold and stuff the the Catholic church owns - I think the money could be a lot better used to feed and clothe and house people.
6 :
I would visit some of the famous shrines throughout the world as a spiritual retreat, and also meet with Catholics and talk with them and pray with them while I am in those countries. I would also pray the Rosary daily for an end to the Iraq war. But maybe His Holiness is already doing this. He is a very prayerful man and made his objections to the war very public.
7 :
Sorry, I can’t get past the idea of the Pope staying at my place with my atheist husband. I think I’d want to hang around and hear that conversation.
8 :
Get the Pope back. We need someone who really knows what they're doing in the Vatican.
9 :
Turn the child molesters over to the police. Sell off some gold, paintings, etc. and feed, educate, buy clothes and homes, and vaccinate some children. Get rid of statues and crosses with Jesus on them. God Bless.
10 :
I think I'd spend all week just looking around - checking out all the art, reading the books in their libraries, that would be so cool to be able to see everything like that. ...and I'd ask him to be sure and feed our rabbit while he was at our place.
11 :
I would seek to clarify what it means to be "infallible". Essentially I would require a simple statement be proclaimed throughout the Church: "The truth that the Pope proclaims is infallible. The Pope himself, IS fallible." Additionally, to clarify the issue of Communion among members of Protestant Churches, I would differentiate the teachings of the Protestant Churches from the beliefs of the members: "Leaders of churches who teach a symbolic, rather than real, presence of Christ in the Eucharist are in fact separate from us and shall not be given Holy Communion. However, members of these churches whose personal faith has led them to believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist are in fact UNITED with us and are more than welcome to Christ's table, given that their souls are properly disposed to receive Him." Do you see why I haven't been elected yet? :-)






Read more discussions :

Search News